Sunday, September 9, 2007

Word From John

He called me on his new cell phone. He did not get a two for one deal so I do not have my own cell. . .I controlled my disappointment and covetousness fairly well I think. I'm also thinking of getting my own trakphone as a way of licking my wounds.

As for John--all went well on the planes. He had a 4 hour sunset to gaze at. Was warmly welcomed by P and S. Went to Mass and hobnobbed with teachers and parents today. And was headed off to a meeting when we spoke.

When he asked how things were here I was truthful--great! The house was clean before we left for Mass. The children were well behaved during Mass. We had a great lunch, watched a movie, did chores, have "creative time" during which cars were drawn and guitar was played. Ended with a light dinner, family rosary, boys asleep by 7 ;30, and a chess game with my daughter which I won by accident (we are both beginners). So far so good!

(but I suspect it won't always be this easy. . .and there are those dinner dishes and that laundry.)

No comments: