Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us All!


If you have known me for 5 minutes you know my birthday is April 15. Tax day. The day Lincoln died, and the Titanic sank. Yesterday was Arveragus' first birthday--best gift I ever got! Tomorrow is our dear Holy Father's birthday.

This year, between the two of us, we raked in 3 cakes, and 3 celebrations. I made two of the cakes. They were both "healthy", but not as bad as the legendary whole wheat cake with soy/cashew frosting.

The low fat yogurt cake was helped out by my forgetting to put only 5 T butter instead of the whole stick. I also forgot the sugar--but remembered in time to desperately scoop most of the batter from the pan back to the bowl for it's sugar. I also read the wrong frosting recipe for part of the time--but is there REALLY a difference between 1/3 coco and 2/3 sugar, and 1/2 coco and 3/4 sugar? I think not!
(have I mentioned that I'm useless at baking cakes etc. . .Shannon where are you and Grandma's cake!!?)

With a bit of prompting I got this, and this

Also some great silver jewelry from Mom, who was in Mexico.

So now I'm 36! I like it!! Then again--there's not a lot in life I don't like--except maybe lice, roundworms, and repetitive annoying noises. God has been so good to me I cannot convince myself that I'm NOT the apple of His Divine eye. 36 years ago I was the sweet baby my mom kissed gently and was so happy to have. I still feel that love--both from Mom, and from my husband and children and dear friends and best of all, Jesus.

No comments: