

It was Wednesday June 18th. There was a Uhaul to pick-up and pack. But we begin our look back at 2 am. That was when Arveragus sat up in bed and puked all over me. Nice! Then again at 3. Then an east coaster called at 5. . .I had no more sleep. With help from friends we got on the road at 6:30 PM. Did I forget to mention Thaddeus joining the throw-up party? He only puked 2 times, then slept a lot--which was merciful.
We drove up The Gorge, and stopped at Multnomah Falls--very lovely. We were careful to never have to put the van and trailer in reverse--as that is a bit harry!
I DID cry crossing the Willamette--thinking of what could have been if things had gone better with the school. I was also processing the trip out west, which I have a certain amount of PTSD over. John's presence on the trip east was appreciated EVERY SINGLE MOMENT by this here woman!
We didn't even cross the boarder that first day. Had dinner in Hood River, and slept in The Dalles.
No comments:
Post a Comment