Monday, November 15, 2010

Shapes


Arveragus has been doing pre-school once a week, here in our home with another friend and his Mom and little brother. We have a different focus each week, with craft, gross motor skills, finger play, circle time, food prep etc. It is a lot of fun. Generally I am preparing for this the night before and the morning of. It's what I do--last minute prep is my speciality!

Today's theme was shapes. I had masking tape shapes on the floor, cheese and turkey cut into shapes, they made different shaped biscuits. SHAPES SHAPES SHAPES!!

We needed some appropriate music for damcing on the floor shapes. Here's what I got:

They Might be Giants Particle Man (cause triangle Man hates Particle man)
10,000 Maniacs I Dreamed of a Circle
Pete Seagar All Around the Kitchen
Paul Simon Boy in the BUbble (bubble--round--get it?)
Indigo Girls Airplane (?!)
I threw in some Gershwin too just for kicks.

No one was critical--they all danced around the shapes just fine thank you.

No comments: