Second night of the O Antiphons. It has been a full day. In an effort to have my adolescent exposed to OTHER PEOPLE teaching her about time management etc I have driven over 200 miles today. Here's hoping that Leadership training has some pay off soon!
We all (including Birthday Boy Godson Jack) went to see Mary Catherine Christmas Concert. It is absolutely impossible for me to gaze upon my talented daughter, shining so brightly among the other radiant and hopeful teens, without crying. The music was beautiful, reverent, hear felt, and just perfect for the season. They began with "Veni Emmanuel" which itself is inspired by the O Antiphons--though I did wonder if anyone knew that. . .
And today I have reconnected with another birthday person who has been absent from my life for almost 2 years. I am so full of thanks!! I feel like the hours are full, the time draws near, sonething is about to happen! I am waiting, expectant, hopeful, and yearning for the Word made flesh!
No comments:
Post a Comment