Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Morning Breakfast


Guess what we had?

Cold cereal. No. Not homemade Granola. Store brand cornflakes. But there were local blueberries too. . .and we got to church on time and fed!


I'm also simplifying in other areas:


  • Pig killing will be ASAP.

  • Paper plates are SO in style.

  • Child labor laws don't apply to chores--despite what the girls say.

  • Excessive volunteer work is not on the to do list.

  • I'm begging Mom to come down in November to help.

Despite the challenges, and missing John, I can see the blessings emerging. Mostly I see myself learning to be with the children in a new, more relaxed, more playful way. When "fun Dada" isn't around it falls to me to play the games, go on walks, maybe even wrestle with this lovely brood of babies.

1 comment:

charlie's mom said...

You have to detail pig killing. I can't imagine!