Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Girly Girls


I'm not an apologetic kind of person. Not that I don't apologize when I've made a mistake. . .rather that I don't apologize for the things I am not, or choose to not do. It's one of the ways I am decidedly NOT Canadian. (Canadians apologize for everything.)

In this vein, I am not an interior decorator. The army of lovely women who decorated my house three and half years ago can attest to that! It's just not something I'm good at or want to spend time on--though I do appreciate a lovely room.

Enter LISA. LISA is an interior decorator. Really. Once all her kids are grown she may even make regular $ at it. Lisa does really nice things like designing pretty rooms for her daughter. She does even nicer things like designing a new pretty room for her daughter when the old pretty room becomes boring/childish/old news. This is mind boggleing to me. If my daughters ever got a "designed" room from me it would be such a miracle they would not expect it to happen again in their lifetimes!

But the BEST part about Lisa is that she would pack-up all the movable parts of the old room and send it to some deprived girls on the other side of the country. TAHNK YOU LISA (and Betsy!)>

No comments: