There are many reasons God has given me my beautiful children. Currently the most obvious is that 5 children necessitates a level of organization that I would never have attained otherwise.
But a lot of times I see the small gifts, joys, and blessings unique to each of these 5 distinct people. Like the blessing of having a voice for all my irrational/inappropriate desires.
I would really like to get lunch out for all of us. We'll be tired and hungry when we get home. But it's not in the budget--so I'll suck-it-up and head for cheese toast and salad.
MOOMMYYYY!! I WANNA GO TO A RESTAURANT!! WAAAA!! A RESTAURANT!! I DONWANNA EAT AT HOME!! THAT FOOD IS BORING!!!
Sigh, I do like having help in the kitchen, but sometimes I just want to work alone. But that's OK, I know they love measuring and stirring. We'll have fun together
THIS IS MY JOB! MINE MINE MINE!! STAY AWAY! WAAAAAA!
I sure am tired. There's a lot left to do today, but I just want to go to sleep. I'll work for a half hour more then hit the sack.
I'M NOT TIRED!!! WAAAA!!!!! I'M NOT TIRED!!!
It is not hard to empathise with the struggles of childhood, because they really are familiar. Can you guess which child is my inner voice?
3 comments:
Too funny! We must be sharing that inner voice! Even today, I'm struggling w/ MY desire to just eat lunch out, no matter how not-in-the-budget it is, and I'm glad it's an inner voice I'm arguing with so my children can't hear me!
So, leftovers for lunch today, here.
Have a blessed weekend!
Yeah--well we ate out yesterday. . .I couldn't resist for 2 days in a row! Not-so-noble and long-suffering me!
I sure do enjoy your blog. How reminiscent of days gone by for me. Thanks, Nancy Basham
Post a Comment