Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not Like Anne

Anne of Green Gables has always been a role model for me. I love Anne. The books. The TV movie (but not the weird third one. . .). I Love Anne, and Marilla.

Anne says she never makes the same mistake twice. She is right. She is an impertuous, and thoughtful soul. I, unfortunately, am impetuous and superficial. Not prone to long periods of, what's it called, maybe consideration, or prudence. . .

Case in point: Give a baby a cell phone and he'll suck on it until the ear piece is full of spit and your conversations are muffled until it airs out. Cell phones are not appropriate teething toys.

Give him the cell phone again. WOW. Still not a good idea!


Give him the cell phone again--I'm sure as an act of desperation or an extreme moment of thoughtlessness--the same thoughtlessness that would bring a mother to eat a cookie a child has asked her to hold to keep a younger sibling from eating it. . .terrible isn't it.

Finally toddler teeth penetrate the display window glass on the cell phone. Now not only are conversations muffled, but you have an attractive spiderweb crack, AND a wave of saliva swishing back and forth under the glass. What fun.

REPEAT--CELL PHONES ARE NOT BABY TOYS!

Maybe I have learned this lesson now. We'll see. . .


(no toddlers were injured during the making of this post)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he

Sometimes it just takes once: Give your toddler your cell phone and have her big sister bring it to you soggy wet with the explaination that Sarah had dropped it in the bathtub." Doh..........

Anonymous said...

What a small and eerie world this is.

I was working on the 100 Years of Anne challenge with my Brownies last night and I was telling them that growing up you were Anne and I was Diana.

So I come to your blog today, and see Ms Shirley name-checked.

And one of my VPs says that toddlers are the best way to ensure you get upgraded to the newest Blackberry :)