So--sometimes God takes something away so you can REALLY NOTICE what a blessing it is and REALLY APPRECIATE IT when it returns. Like, say, income. Yup--regular income sure is a nice thing. It will be really great to have it again sometime soon!
I'm keeping a sense of humour about this because the winter projects will be coming into the boatyards soon, and John will be landing one of those jobs. And we don't pay rent, and we are all healthy etc etc. Life is good in many ways. But I'll tell ya--not a penny of John's future paychecks will be squandered! What a blessing work will be!
The culture shock of returning to Maine has hit us in the past few weeks. Grass is always greener syndrome; I miss all the large generous Catholic families in Oregon (only small miserly families here in Maine don'tchknow). And Thaddeus insists on crying to return to Oregon, and talks about his "girl" Anne ALL THE TIME.
One fun thing is that the kids and I volunteered at the republican headquarters for our County on Monday. You'd be surprised at who is republican. That old actor with long hair? Republican. The really cute 22 year old with the superman T-shirt. Totally pro-life republican! I had a great time and felt that it was a good civics lesson for the children.
Some family members have been asking me "why McCain Palin?" (they're asking because I got sick of the anti-Republican stuff I was being sent in group emails so I sent out an email revealing myself as a member of the other side. . )
I can stretch myself to think of some thoughtful answers. I've listened to enough radio to pull together an intelligent response. . .but really the bottom line for me is the sanctity of life. I really want to hold our country to the high standards of respecting life from conception till natural death. I don't think that killing an innocent life is a choice that should be legal. We have lots of choices before conception. This country has enough money, and childless couples to care for every baby. It kills me that Downs babies, black babies, and girl babies are all at high risk for being aborted. The inherent eugenic, racist, sexist stance makes me shudder.
But maybe I'll just say I like her glasses...
No comments:
Post a Comment