The reason I eventually tune out of the day-to-day election scene is because I choose to avoid all the anger that flies around. I remember being at a Mom's night after the last election, and having to listen to a woman red-faced over the "f***ing Republicans."
And let's not forget these folks.
The blog-o-sphere is full of it right now. Including at my sister's blog. Boy am I tired of the old "Republicans are stupid" line. That does nothing to help us all dialogue and move forward. But it's still kinda painful to sit with a whole bunch of family and have them talk about the republican "uneducated" vote. I could be wrong--but I think there are some smart cookies out there who are republican--people who have thought carefully about issues like the economy, environment, life, and security. People who really care about the country and want the best for it, and all it's citizens. And I know there are democrats who fit the same bill. What I get angry about is everyone trying to shut each other up by name calling. It's like we are just sticking our fingers in our ears and saying "LALALALA. . .I can't hear you!"
As a republican woman I was really excited with Hillary's campaign, and sad when she lost. I don't get the liberal-woman attack on Palin. It is true that she has more experience than Obama.. .but for the record--I did think it was funny when she said "He's the man we need to leave." in the debate. And she was too Maverick-y.
I really can see the appeal of Obama. Twelve years ago I would have been right there! But when I started to learn more about abortion and how bad it is for women and children, and a bit more about economics, and especially when I saw what's happening in ultra liberal/socialist Canada, I left the democrats for the republicans via the Greens. When you go far enough to the left you find yourself on the right.
But maybe Sarah does prove that the feminist movement was just to give ugly women a platform. . .just kidding! (sort of)
Anyway--I've watched the debates and I don't see a lot of huge differences. Politicians doing what they have to to get elected. At the end of the day I'm voting for the party that most closely matches my top priorities. That's what we all do.
And I'm not going to hate you for it neither!
No comments:
Post a Comment