Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Martha Martha!

You are worried about many things.

Yup--that's what I feel like Jesus is saying to me. I am all better today, and have enjoyed having John home to help with the homeschool catch-up for half the day. But I also feel like two infections in two weeks is a bit of a warning that I'm doing too much for this poor old body. . .

So I'm spending today taking a deep breath--not picking up every stray item as I see it, and figuring out what my activities should be so I can take care of myself and my family. I think it's harder here in Maine because my greater community needs more mother-care than our community in Oregon needed. And I'm a mother--and I have the bad habit of making myself sick trying to fix everyone else, and comfort everyone else. . .but I gotta go to make a post partum meal. . .ironic I know, and I'll start saying no--but I already said yes. . .There is a balance between Mary and Martha--I'm trying to find it.

In the mean time I did get a closet all cleaned out while I was "resting in bed" yesterday. I'm incorrigible!

No comments: