Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy Happy Day


Today I home schooled while doing computer work. While at the Library waiting for the new tire to be put on (nothing is more impressive to random library go-ers than a 7 year old studying Latin. . .). While driving to the Orthodontist. In the waiting room. On the way to Basket Ball practice. At the basketball practice (nothing is more impressive to a 7th grader than a 4th grader studying Latin. . .).
Then we were done--and on our way to rehearsal.

On the way up I REALLY needed a break from the Boxcar children CD--so we sang:
Thank you Lord for giving us _____. X3
Right where we are.
Alleluia, Praise the Lord. X3
Right where we are.

We went from oldest to youngest to fill the blank. I loved how we got a peek into each others thoughts and dreams through our choices.
Mine was "warmth"--it was almost 50 degrees today, sunny, then rainy later. I will always love warm rain. It reminds me of Oregon.

MC chose "teeth". She has hers back after 2 years imprisoned in braces.

Thalia chose "babies" both for her love of Arveragus, babies in general, and her prayer for a little sister. (That's up to God, not me!)

JH chose "science"--intellectual little guy. Always talking, asking questions I can't answer, and memorizing his multiplication tables faster than Thalia!

Thaddeus chose "planes" because he's a 4 year old boy and loves anything that goes.

Arveragus chose (with a bit of prompting) "nu-nu's" because he is having a language explosion, and everyone knows a 21 month old going through big developmental changes needs to nurse like a newborn, right?

Good choices, all.

No comments: