
There are many images in my mind that I know won't remain. Maybe one day I will read this and remember:
Mary Catherine spinning around with a giant sparkler. Joyous, beautiful, on the cusp of womanhood.
Three boys running races outside the window, laughing together.
John Henry and Thalia playing a tough game of chess together.
John snuggled with his sons pouring over a Naval aircraft book.
Blaise seeing his siblings faces and cracking into a wide smile.
Thaddeus making the weird dinosaur noise, and Blaise belly laughing.
The 4 younger children having a conversation about how much they love Mary Catherine when she calls them "baby" and "honey".
Baby in my arms. Baby mouth on my face. Baby fingers in my hair.
I wish I could hold onto these moments, and keep them safe from time. Like that song that they did on the muppets "If I could save Time in a Bottle" As I recall there were some explosions in the Muppet versions, but with 4 sons, that's appropriate too.
3 comments:
How about Arveragus flying his spaceship made out of lincoln logs?
Thaddeus putting on an incredible burst of speed at the end of the fun run?
Thalia stooped over the typewriter writing her first novel?
I think I'm married to that anonymous commentor!
LOL. I liked that post. Cool. And...yeah.
http://natroncartoons.blogspot.com/
http://blendertheblog.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment