Winter break, and our New Orleans study is nearing it's end. We had a wonderful snow day today. A perfect day for wrapping up the loose ends of homeschooling (just some Latin left for tomorrow), and cleaning 3/4 of the 100 lbs of shrimp we bought yesterday.
This evening I had grace enough to take a few steps back clearly see how much fun, and how skilled Mary Catherine is. She put together a gourmet dinner for 13 people. Shrimp scampi, salad, and beignet's. Competent, intelligent, resourceful. It was one of those times when all the annoyances, big and small, melt away in the beauty of the young woman she is becoming.
1 comment:
Of course this may not be a noble or intelligent comment but I'll do my very best ;)
How precious to see your blog! There is something to be let in to someone's sweet life through their personal thoughts on their blog. I'm so thankful to see this and to learn more about you-I never knew you were from the west! And even more wonderful, a love for Jesus :)
Thank you again for coming to the shower. Eve is such a special lady and how wonderful for us to celebrate her new sweet one :)
You have a dear & lovely family, praying for you all and your upcoming trip! Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Bree
Post a Comment