I am goal oriented. I like to have a plan, implement the plan, and have the satisfaction of checking things off my to do list. This applies to that which I actually have control over, and that which I don't. Like the birthday of my baby. Nope, no control over that one. But with every baby I had a plan! I remember clearly with my first baby the plan involved finishing my senior paper before baby came. Since she was 3 weeks early, that didn't happen, and I learned how to nurse and type at the same time pretty quickly.
Every other baby came either according to plan, or before the plan could take action. This baby is different. Here I am 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have had 4 or 5 plans that have not happened. I keep making new plans. I keep being pregnant. HMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Someone is trying to drive home the fact that I am not actually in control. Again and again--I am not in control.
One happy thought is that I HAD wanted an October baby. With August quickly coming to a close, this baby will be born as close to October as possible! Maybe even September! Will wonders never cease?
We, baby and I, are both happy and healthy, so I'm not complaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment