The last time I posted was a few days after Shannon died. This is no coincidence. It is so hard for me to fathom that almost 5 months have gone by since my world was rocked by Shannon's sudden death. And now here I am, about to give birth, happy, ripe, and thoughtfully aware of the great blessing that life is.
This is an obvious time for me to meditate on the mystery of our lives unfolding in time. Whether one is pregnant or not, every day hold the mystery of what will come, how it will change you and those around you, how you will respond to the situations that you must face. In my searching and examining these things I am most sensitive to my real live as opposed to my virtual life.
I admit it--I am a facebook junkie! But really, I just spend a few minutes here and there on it. [there's an exercise--spend a day keeping track of what "a few minutes here and there" actually adds up to] Anyway--time spent with real live people and doing real life things is more valuable to everyone involved than time on facebook. But then there is writing--which for me includes this long neglected blog. I have no idea how to save all of this writing I have dome over the past 5+ years, and no idea what value it will every be to anyone other than myself. But I do know that time spent in reflection, and the processing that I do when writing about my life and experience is helpful to me as a fully alive person.
So in the interest of self care, here I am on the blog again! I am 38 week and 2 days--a week out from being as pregnant as I have ever been (Arveragus was born at 39 and 2). All is contentment, and every day I'm still pregnant feels like a gift that Our Lord is giving to me.
2 comments:
Please forgive me if I am not privy to someone's suffering - Who is Shannon? I am racking my brain trying to remember all of your kiddos we met in Montana.... It is hard to rest not knowing.
Prayers for you all and congratulations on Agnes. We are expecting #11 in March. (third addition I think since we met in Billings.)
Love, Erin Caughron
Erin--so good to hear from you! I'll try to email you--Shannon is a dear Catholic friend, just my age, mother of 4 young children, who died suddenly from a brain hemorage last March. Congratulation on baby 11!! YAY!
Post a Comment