





Of what I'm sure is the best Thanksgiving feast I have ever produced. Turkey was wonderful, many side dishes (if you MUST know: mashed taters, gravy, cranberry sauce, Mama Stanburgs cranberry relish, stuffing, roasted autumn veggies, greenbean cassarole--the healthy no cream soup, homemade healthy onionrings kind that still tastes really good even though it's healthy--, homemade Parker House rolls,and himmel und erde.) Three kinds of pies--pumpkin, apple cranberry, and apple with a butter/sugar top (I didn't have a recipe for that, just tried to copy what I had at a friends house, it turned out great--can't go wrong with a bunch of butter and sugar can you?). Entertainment included recorder playing by our guest, Kurt Rauscher, Poems (The Lamplighter by RLS, recited by JH, and Sea Fever by J Masefield, recited by Thalia), guitar and flute duet by MC and myself, with the recorder joining in, and reading aloud from Little Men and the Hobbit.
Things we said we were Thankful for: Thalia--words and paper and pencil (she's writting a book). MC-- family. JH--Our House. Tadeu--race cars. John--for us being here together. Allison--John's job, al children, and being together.
Happy Day After Thanksgiving!! Don't Buy Anything!!
No comments:
Post a Comment