Monday, November 24, 2008

Why I love my Roasting Pan



ON the crazy busy cold days of basketball season, nothing beats a roasting pan. Part of the reason I'm not a crock pot user is that the oven on all afternoon and evening will help the house stay warm even when the fire runs down.

My shiny roasting pan is pretty too--thanks Molly in Oregon. I inherited this after the GREAT ROAST PORK MASSACRE of 08. . .it involved a three year old, and an oven at 500 degrees for several hours. . .

But I got back on that horse, and am roasting away. Last week it was soup--what you do when you don't have a large chunk of meat, but only 2 chicken leg quarters.

Frozen Chicken
Fennel, carrots, rosemary, onion,tomato
White beans
4 Cups frozen chicken broth.
Put it in the roaster at 2:30, 300 degrees, and when you get home at 6:30, Voila!

No comments: