Saturday, October 6, 2007

Honework, Quizes, Rosary Bowl, and missing the family

Thank you for reminding me to post. I've been so busy with things that I haven't been taking the time to communicate with the right side of the country.

A mentioned that I have tons of work and she is right. However, when I really get going I find it very enjoyable and don't know when to stop. I spent a whole night grading papers and decided to make some changes in my classes to get some help from the students in grading the papers. After those changes things went more smoothly and we (the students and I) had a very good day in class.

Today I met a fellow teacher from school to drive down to Keiser OR where a Rosary Bowl was happening. Now I wasn't sure what a rosary bowl would be like, but, since many of my students and half the teachers were attending, I decided to see what it was. So now I know what a rosary bowl is and will pass this knowledge on to you.

A rosary bowl is:
1. Windy. The wind just about carried off the booths set up by vendors and other groups.
2. Cold. For mortification I'm sure.
3. A long rosary. For each mystery there was a full homily or talk. All of these were good but
see #s 1 and 2 above.
4. A shorter musical devine mercy chaplet.
5. A very good chance to talk with like minded people.
6. Overall, worthwhile.

No comments: