Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Motivation

John getting home from a day of work had been a big motivator in my daily schedule in the past. That is not working so well right now. I try being motivated out of pure charity--but I'm not so refined in my spiritual growth to manage that consistently. Tonight I was feeling a definite lack of motivation. A quick talk with a dear friend helped me gain perspective. "Good Allison. Don't be motivated tonight. Put on some comfy clothes and rest. You have been doing so much for so long. It's OK to take a break." OH YEAH! I do a lot. I feed and educate and comfort, and do a minimal amount of cleaning at least. . .I volunteer, help friends, feed pigs, and blog. . .I lactate, pray, read, and make music. . . yes, I think tonight I'll rest (except for this post of course!)

No comments: