I had been having a hard day. O.K. A hard couple of days. The house was a shambles, my spirits were low, and my children were--well--children. Why they can't hold it together and be rational at least when I'm stressed I DON"T know!
So I implemented "Bad Day Plan A"--which involves packing up the school books and heading to a library where little ones can play and older ones can be educated in a comfortable place that is not my home. Add some cheeze-its, grapes, and water and you have an easy day. Lisa came over in the afternoon and proceeded to guide me through decluttering, cleaning, folding, putting away fun. We talked about schedules, and realistic expectations. She got me excited about FlyLady again. She did my dishes. She is a friend in the deepest sense of the word.The kids watched a movie. And another. And part of another.
We ate beef stew and bread.
I have a clean spot for "Control Central" and I can face the next 2 months with a bit more gusto.
Sometimes God's Grace comes in the form of a giving friend!

1 comment:
A good friend indeed! And a good bad day plan.
Post a Comment