Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is a Day


That The Lord has Made. Let us rejoice and be Glad.

No--my guy didn't win. But I don't dwell on disappointment. I get warm and fuzzy over the "work together" and "I'm your president too" comments in the concession and victory speeches.

Lest you think I'm of pure intentions, I also am motivated by the desire to be more graceful in defeat than the Dems who publicly spouted about the "F***ing Republicans" after the last election. No foot stamping and temper tantrums from me. This is the US of A, and I'm looking forward with confidence and a bit of anxiety.

As long as we still have freedom of speech and freedom of religion, I'm cool.

Now. . .about my future in politics. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

long time no comment. Yes, this is exactly how I am looking at it as well. I couldn't help but think durring McCain's concession speech, "You sir, would have made a fine president." but it was not to be.

God places us all in the world and the way to serve Him best. The working and the praying are up to us. The doing is up to Him.

Blessings to you and your's from your nutty friends in Oregon.

KateP said...

I was impressed by the respectful tone of both the concession and the victory speeches last night. I truly hope Obama can help us move away from the bitter divisiveness that has become so pervasive in U.S. politics. Here's to working together to solve our problems instead of pointing fingers or having temper tantrums. I'm full of hope right now!