


On Monday Nov 19 we got to somewhere near South Bend Indianna. It was very warm, so I was happy to find a plug for the pork. There were Amish Buggies everywhere. I'd post a picture but they are the all poor-quality, sasquash-esqu, "can't you see it?", type.
We stayed at one of those water-park hotels. This was lots of fun, even for Thaddeus, my sensory-overload prone child. The water park had a farm theme. Big fiberglass barns, corn stalks, and buckets. Too funny! Most interestingly there were several Amish families swimming. The men and children swam. The women stayed dressed and supervised the toddlers. You all know that I'm totally cool with the modesty thing. But come ON! Those women surely could find an appropriate outfit to swim in! In the words of my insightful children--NO FAIR! My knowledge of the Amish comes from the movie "Witness"--so I know these must have been a more modern sect since I saw buttons on their clothes. . .
The worst part of the day was that John Henry woke up every hou from midnight till 4-ish--well, woke-up is too strong a term. He cried, and wandered around, and kept ME up. The scariest moment was when he went out to the hall. I had to detach from baby to run out and catch zombie-boy. I think from this night till 36 hours later was the peak of our stress level (not counting the pre-mountain-death-watch. . .but that comes later).
Tadeu had taken my phone and hidden it in the heater (I found it in the morning) so I couldn't call John at 1:30 am to blame him for all of my suffering . Lucky John.
2 comments:
How did you find the water-park-hotel, that sounds neat. Having the phone hiden in the heater is a good trick. So what comes next ... pre-mountain-death-watch...? Were there some days between PA and Indianna? don't want to miss a thing!! JFM
Mike found all our hotels. No work on my part!
Post a Comment