Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthday


I'll just skip Tuesday the 20th of Nov travel day. It involves a lot of Chicago rush hour--and I'd rather no revisit it. . .


Wednesday was MC's 12th Birthday. I was trying to resign myself to telling her to just wait till Oregon to celebrate. . .but I'm not good at waiting!

At the hotel that night we all hit the pool at 9:30 pm. By 10:30 we were on our way to Walmart to pull together a birthday celebration. We bought presents ("Don't look Mary Catherine!"), a cake, and everything we needed for her chosen taco dinner. We were eating, opening presents and singing happy birthday by 12:30. (Don't point out that it wasn't her birthday anymore. . it was in Oregon!) We were ALL AWAKE--including baby.


Not surprisingly this was the only night we got a complaint from the hotel. While I was cooking in the kitchenette I failed to register that the boys were jumping from the be to the floor like ping-pong balls. Not so good for the person below us! I outlawed jumping, and the festivities continued. I hope MC remembers this birthday--I sure will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very memorable birthday. Pool with kids while traveling is a big hit, sounds great. What a party! JFM