
I will be the kind of mother who calls her children the hour they were born to gush "30 years ago right now I was holding your sweet body to my chest. . . !" So far today I have indulged in kissing my boys' face all over and remembering how thrilled I was six years ago to be holding my beautiful son. We knew he was John Henry (and not Thaddeus) because he was so big a strong, with a neck like a football player. A happy baby--who only cried during diaper changes. That year for lent we made a calendar that was labeled "Walking the path to Calvary with Jesus". For every day of lent we had a little purple John Henry footprint. I saved one in his baby book. I also remember Mary Catherine (6) carrying him in her doll sling. Now he's working on reading, reciting poetry, and yearning for little league to begin (oops--gotta sign-up!). What a gift we were given with this boy!