
From the beginning I said we would have Thanksgiving dinner at Denny's. . .and we did. It was close enough to a turkey dinner to count. Note to self: the next time we have Thanksgiving at Denny's the boys can share a dinner plate.
I don't quite know how the wait staff reacted to our entrance--12 kids and 3 adults, at 8 pm on Thanksgiving. I hope I gave a good tip! At this point I was living on adrenaline and coffee, and the will to survive. I have few clear memories. When asked, all the children were thankful for Daddy. My internal reaction was "What am I? chopped liver!? I'm the one driving you ungrateful wretches across the country. I'm keeping us alive, changing diapers, and putting
a cheerful face on this insanity!"
Yeah--I was a bit tense. . .but we did have fun, and I was Thankful for my husband and children. Still am.


2 comments:
This is great to picture and Denny's to boot. So were where you? Which state and town? In the picture the kids look very happy ... what a trip. JFM
Spearfish Wyoming--great name!
Post a Comment