
We all road the MAX today and walked along the waterfront. Portland is pretty fancy! I bet any city I go to is fancy since it's been over a decade since I've been a city-dweller.
Here are some examples:
- Walk and Don't walk signs that talk to you and count down to red.
- Indoor bike parking
- Special curbside parking for electric cars with charging stations
- "Information Men" dressed in green uniforms and there to answer your questions.
Some things that stay the same are
- Pink haired, cool accessorized people on the train you wish to be friends with.
- People on the train you don't want to be friends with.
- Homeless people begging with signs.
At the end of the excursion we had all gotten off and on trains without being separated, we found bathrooms when we needed them, and we all had a great afternoon trying to look like a city family, and failing miserably.
2 comments:
Man, that is cool about the information guys. What do you think the jog qualifications must be for that career? You must have to be pretty smart! You should apply for a greeter job....Also, you should go for pink hair I think. It would be so awesome to welcome you back to Maine with a pink hairdo and a couple of piercings! Of course, so you you wouldn't feel out of place, I would totally get my nose pierced. Taddeu really needs a mowhawk while you're at it. For Mary Catherine, some dread locks (which would be a cinch, considering you just don't need to remind her to brush her hair). John Henry could pull of kind of a Nirvana look, with just some baggy-ish clothes, and maybe a strategically placed chain. Thalia would be of course be appalled by all of this, which is in itself, a look. Averigus could wear a little vinyl or neoprene jumper, which doubles as a diaper cover, and there you are! All ready for your day of greeting visitors in Portland. You would certainly get a lot of attention, anyway!!!! Love you!!! Sondra
SONDRA!! I am rolling around laughing hysterically. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll send pics of all your suggested changes soon!
Post a Comment