When I talked to John from Spearfish (love that name) Wyoming on Friday morning , he said I was only 1200 miles away. Also, that Paul (Bro-in-law) was willing to drive him up to Spokane to meet us on Saturday. This was too much for me to bear. SO CLOSE. The planned detour to Mount Rushmore became untenable to me. I parted ways with the Bakers, heading to the mountains alone. They were kind enough to shout for me to stop since I was leaving the trailer door open in my haste. . .that would have been a story!
I was on the road by 10, and nestled into a Best Western in Livingston, Montana by 7:30 pm. The last hour or so was very hard. The cross winds were terrible, and I could see old ice on the highway. My nerves were frazzled by the time we stopped.
That night in the room I worked hard at appreciating the kids. Reading books, saying prayers, kissing sweet faces. All the while thinking "It's too bad we will all die in the mountains tomorrow." I was really on the verge of a breakdown. Only the thought of seeing John kept me going.
What a difference a good night sleep makes! We were out by 6AM. Pitch Dark. Mountain passes, cross winds, ice--the works! But I was handling it fine and so were the kids. Breakfast in Massoula (13 degrees F!), lunch in Spokane, John at the rest stop south of Spokane at 2:41 PM Pacific time, November24, 2007! YEAH!

We got a room in Kennewick for the night ! We were all SOOO happy to be together! ALIVE! PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!

3 comments:
DEar EB's,
What a beautiful family photo. It's wonderful to see Tad smiling-all of you smiling. God Bless you and miss you all. Happy almost birthday, JH!
Love, lisa
Wow, what a great story, experience. I can't wait to see the movie! I can picture this so well, your discriptions are perfect. Thanks for sharing. Good that you are all together. You are very much missed. Blessings, JFM
"Nothing Compares 2 You"
(sung to the tune of the
same name by Sinead O'connor)
It's been two months and several days
Since you drove your bus away
I pig out every night and sew all day
Since you drove your bus away
Since you been gone I can whine whenever I want
I can nurse whenever I choose
I can eat my dinner at McDonald's restaurant
But nothing...
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
It's been so lonely without you here
Like a beach without a thong
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby, why's my sourdough wrong?
I could put my arms around every friend I see
But they'd only remind me of you
Went to my husband and guess what he told me
Guess what he told me?
He said girl you better try to cook dinner and fold the clothes
But what's he know?
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you...
All the 'creatures that your kids caught
In the back yard
All lived when you went away
I know that birthing with you baby was not too hard
So I'm willing to give another try
'Cause nothing compares...
Nothing compares to you
Love, Sondra
Post a Comment